If eating healthy is necessary, eating tasty is essential !!
Unfortunately, the homemade Fries you can find everywhere can be tasty, but definitely NOT healthy !!
I don't have any deep fryer at home (and don't want to have one). However my fries are always crispy, tasty, with only a splash of Oil !!!
Today is a sunny Sunday day ... and on the menu tonight : ground organic Beef grilled on the BBQ, fresh Salad with Balsamic/Olive Oil ... served with "Frites maison a l'huile de Truffe et au Thym" (delicious homemade Truffle and Rosemary French Fries ...).
A great recipe in 3 quick & easy steps !!
- First, wash and dry the potatoes. Don't peel your potatoes for more taste and crispy !
- Second, cut the potatoes "en allumettes" (shoes string cut). Cut by hand is the way to keep the rustic touch, but you can also use the julienne attachment of your hand-held mandolin or your vegetable slicer (booooh !!)
Put your Truffle Potatoes in the oven for 25mn, and wait. Just smell the flavor of the Truffle everywhere in your kitchen !!!!
Et voila, bon Appetit !!
Emilie, your French Chef
La recette for 4 persons :
- 1 tablespoon of Truffle Oil (black or white) or Olive Oil or a mix of both (that's what I did)
- 2 pounds of a mix Yukon gold Potatoes and Russet
- Thyme (dry or fresh). You can also use (or add) your favorite herbs : Rosemary, Tarragon, Herbes de Provence, Italian Mix etc ....)
- Salt and Pepper
Wash the potatoes and dry them.
Do not peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into thin fries (shoe strings)
Preheat oven to 420 ° F.
Using a fork, mix in a large bowl the oil and seasonings. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make sure you have only one layer (do not overlap them).
Bake 15 min. Carefully invert the fries and bake 10 min, until browned.
If you really like the Truffle taste, you can brush your potatoes with cold Truffle Oil just before serving.